Designated Mental Health Lead Training
Online Safeguarding & Duty of Care training for educational settings
One in eight children will experience a mental health problem and half of all lifetime cases of mental health disorders begin by the age of 14, therefore safeguarding the emotional wellbeing of children and young people must be considered as a priority and equally as important as protecting their physical health.
This course is designed to guide and support staff undertaking the role of Designated Mental Health Lead (DMHL) in educational settings. The course provides a balance of theory and best practice for leadership, together with practical tools including case studies and video tutorials on specific mental health conditions, designed to support disseminating best practice to all staff.
Cost is calculated according to the number of staff you wish to train. Please enter the number of users required and click on 'calculate price'.
What is covered in this training?
- The role of the Designated Mental Health Lead (DMHL)
- Core and broad responsibilities
- Getting started- first steps
- Creating and embedding a positive whole setting culture in relation to mental health
- The link between mental health and behaviour:
- Mental health problems in children
- Prevalence of mental health problems in children
- Risk and protective/ resilience factors
- Identifying children with possible mental health problems
- Identification and measurement tools
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Children in Need, looked-after and previously looked-after children
- Mental health and special educational needs
- Providing support and collaborative working
- Additional support:
- Classroom support
- Therapeutic support
- External support
- Working with parents and carers
Here's the list of conditions we're covering:
- Attachment disorders
- Conduct disorder
- Eating disorders
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Binge eating disorder
- Rumination disorder
- Avoidant/ restrictive food intake disorder
- Habit disorders (tic disorders & body-focussed repetitive disorders)
- Emotional-obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Hyperkinetic disorders
- Manic depressive disorder
- Oppositional defiance disorder
- Pervasive (autistic spectrum) disorders
- Obsessive- compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Psychotic disorders
How it worksarrow_drop_down
Our system has been designed to make safeguarding & duty of care training in schools and academies simple, with no complicated setup for administrators or staff.
Our system is secure (128-bit SSL-encrypted), can be accessed 24/7/365 and works across 2 online websites.
How to issue a course -To see exactly how you issue a course to your staff with our system.
Our Admin Dashboard -To see all the things you can do with our Admin Dashboard.
The Admin Dashboard - (https://admin.ssscpd.co.uk)
Our system requires no complicated setup. From the Admin Dashboard simply copy and send an invitation email to your staff with the login details for your school or academy. Once your staff commence training, all progress, results and CPD certificates are presented in the Admin Dashboard as evidence of training.
NEW - Document Tracker - Saves you hours chasing staff for signed confirmation they have read key documentation. Easily link to your bespoke policy documents, or any other publications, issue them to your team via the training dashboard and provide evidence that they had been read via the admin dashboard.
The Training Site - (https://training.ssscpd.co.uk)
Staff complete a course via any PC, Mac, Smartphone or Tablet. Each course is made up of an engaging multimedia presentation created using 3D animation, comprehensive course notes and a fully tracked multiple-choice assessment. On completion, staff can view and print their CPD accredited certificate.
All courses are kept up-to-date with any changes in legislation or policy ensuring practice in your school or academy is compliant with current requirements.
Who should complete this trainingarrow_drop_down
Our training is applicable to the following educational settings: Primary Schools, Primary Academies, Secondary Schools, Secondary Academies, Private Nurseries, Maintained Nurseries, Public Schools, Free Schools, Pupil Referral Units, and SEND Schools.
To fulfil the latest HM Government statutory guidance, training is advised for the following roles:
- Staff undertaking the role of Designated Mental Health Lead
Our courses meet all the requirements previously contained in the 'level system'.
Unless that is the language used by your safeguarding tri-partnership's (the replacement for LSCBs) training policy, training is not currently described in terms of levels. This system was replaced by matching competencies to roles as defined in the intercollegiate framework.
The content of our courses is updated when any changes in legislation, statutory guidance and/or inspection frameworks are issued, ensuring you fully comply with the latest requirements.
Disparity in cascading training is removed. Continuity, through the individual assessment of learning, gives leadership assurance that practice is informed by robust evidence.
Provides a full training audit trail for governance and to evidence compliance with statutory requirements.
Acclaimed Customer Servicearrow_drop_down
With eLearning a clear benefit is the ability to work from home. But what if you or your staff have a technical issue?
That's where we will always help you.
We are very proud of our customer service standards which are unrivalled, with full support for your staff if needed,
7 days a week 8am until 10pm.
We offer great live chat support:star star star star star
We have a 5 star LiveChat rating and always respond to support emails (firstname.lastname@example.org) within minutes.
What our customers say about our support service:
Thank you so much for your fantastic service! Please send this to your Manager so that they can see how happy I am with your service today. You've saved the day!
Catherine Smith, Hollybrook Infant School
I just wanted to say a huge thank you for all your support with SSS learning it is working really well for ASPIN.
Mrs S Robertson, Headteacher, Aspin Park Academy
The online support provides me with any help, instantly, whenever I need it.
Mark Ryan, Headteacher, St Patrick's RC Primary
The SSS Learning staff are delightful and really helpful in supporting all users.
Julie Conner, Heather Ridge Infant School
Such a professional and responsible attitude towards the training and support provided for staff.
Mike Rooke, Assistant Headteacher, The Windsor Boys' School
The online support is fantastic and regular e-mails advising when there has been an update to a course is vital for me
Linda Burn, The Rise School
Help and support are excellent.
Mrs Kim Williams, Christopher Whitehead Language College
Unique online Safeguarding training system and first-class support
Jonathan Boyle, Deputy Head, Madeley Academy
It's clear and the backup team is always willing to help. They even helped me once at 10.30 pm.
Edris Gaibee Headteacher Featherstone Primary School
- Accessible anytime/anywhere via PC, MAC, Tablet or Smartphone.
- Eliminates the time and cost of sending staff on courses or bringing in external consultants.
- Easy-to-use with no complicated account set-up your staff can be using the service in minutes!
- Provides evidence of training with progress, results and CPD certificates stored in your admin dashboard.
- Includes any updates during your 12-month licence period.
- Live Chat support until 10pm 7 days a week.
- NEW - Document Tracker - Saves you hours chasing staff for signed confirmation they have read key documentation.
What sets us apart? - This page page shows in details what we (and our customers) think differentiate our products and services from other alternatives.
How long does this course take to complete?arrow_drop_down
Designated Mental Health Lead (DMHL):
This course takes approximately 3 hours, 0 minutes to complete.
Course Video duration: 49 minutes.
CPD points: 3.0
- Our courses meet all the requirements previously contained in the 'level system'.
- Document tracker - Easily link to your bespoke policy documents, or any other publications, issue them to your team via the training dashboard and provide evidence that they have been read via the admin dashboard
Cost and Time Saving
- Hugely cost effective, eliminating the time and cost of sending staff on courses or bringing in external consultants
- Presentations can be viewed as part of group inset or individually
- Easy-to-use with no complicated account set-up, your staff can be using the service in minutes!
- Users can access the training and assessment as and when required; the system will remember where you last were in your training!
Service and Support
- Our courses are always live and kept current with the very latest requirements
- Includes advice from our safeguarding specialists should you need it
- Includes our Safeguarding e-Bulletin
- Live Chat support until 10pm 7 days a week. Perfect if staff need assistance when working at home
- Our secure servers have significant capacity ensuring fast access to training for all users at all times.