Designated Safeguarding Lead Refresher
Online Safeguarding & Duty of Care training for educational settings
This course is designed to support staff in the DSL role, enabling them to revisit and refresh their knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection practice.
Fully updated and compliant with the statutory requirements of KCSIE, this is the most efficient and cost-effective way to maintain full CPD accredited knowledge necessary for this specialist role.
Our unique and engaging 3D animation offers an easy way to implement training and evidence progress on inspection.
The CPD Certificate for this course is valid for 2 years.
Cost is calculated according to the number of staff you wish to train. Please enter the number of users required and click on 'calculate price'.
What is covered in this training?
- Revised Vetting & Barring arrangements
- Latest legislation & statutory guidance
- Latest statistical information
- The role of the DSL and Deputy DSL
- The DSL role in relation to thematic topics such as Child Sexual Exploitation, Child Criminal Exploitation, Female Genital Mutilation, Breast Ironing, Prevent Duty, Forced Marriage, Honour Based Abuse, Peer-on-peer abuse, County Lines and Sexual Violence
- The Early Help Assessment Process (which has replaced the Common Assessment framework model)
How it worksarrow_drop_down
Our system has been designed to make safeguarding & duty of care training in schools and academies simple, with no complicated setup for administrators or staff.
Our system is secure (128-bit SSL-encrypted), can be accessed 24/7/365 and works across 2 online websites.
How to issue a course -To see exactly how you issue a course to your staff with our system.
Our Admin Dashboard -To see all the things you can do with our Admin Dashboard.
The Admin Dashboard - (https://admin.ssscpd.co.uk)
Our system requires no complicated setup. From the Admin Dashboard simply copy and send an invitation email to your staff with the login details for your school or academy. Once your staff commence training, all progress, results and CPD certificates are presented in the Admin Dashboard as evidence of training.
NEW - Document Tracker - Saves you hours chasing staff for signed confirmation they have read key documentation. Easily link to your bespoke policy documents, or any other publications, issue them to your team via the training dashboard and provide evidence that they had been read via the admin dashboard.
The Training Site - (https://training.ssscpd.co.uk)
Staff complete a course via any PC, Mac, Smartphone or Tablet. Each course is made up of an engaging multimedia presentation created using 3D animation, comprehensive course notes and a fully tracked multiple-choice assessment. On completion, staff can view and print their CPD accredited certificate.
All courses are kept up-to-date with any changes in legislation or policy ensuring practice in your school or academy is compliant with current requirements.
Who should complete this trainingarrow_drop_down
Our training is applicable to the following educational settings: Primary Schools, Primary Academies, Secondary Schools, Secondary Academies, Private Nurseries, Maintained Nurseries, Public Schools, Free Schools, Pupil Referral Units, and SEND Schools.
To fulfil the latest HM Government statutory guidance, training is advised for the following roles:
- All qualified Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs)
- All staff who deputise for DSLs
- All staff new to the DSL role
Our courses meet all level 3 requirements previously contained in the 'level' system.
Unless that is the language used by your safeguarding tri-partnership's (the replacement for LSCBs) training policy, training is not currently described in terms of levels. This system was replaced by matching competencies to roles as defined in the intercollegiate framework.
However, you can rest assured that if you are being asked to match levels our courses meet requirements.
The content of our courses is updated when any changes in legislation, statutory guidance and/or inspection frameworks are issued, ensuring you fully comply with the latest requirements.
Disparity in cascading training is removed. Continuity, through the individual assessment of learning, gives leadership assurance that practice is informed by robust evidence.
Provides a full training audit trail for governance and to evidence compliance with statutory requirements.
Acclaimed Customer Servicearrow_drop_down
With eLearning a clear benefit is the ability to work from home. But what if you or your staff have a technical issue?
That's where we will always help you.
We are very proud of our customer service standards which are unrivalled, with full support for your staff if needed,
7 days a week 8am until 10pm.
We offer great live chat support:star star star star star
We have a 5 star LiveChat rating and always respond to support emails (email@example.com) within minutes.
What our customers say about our support service:
Thank you so much for your fantastic service! Please send this to your Manager so that they can see how happy I am with your service today. You've saved the day!
Catherine Smith, Hollybrook Infant School
I just wanted to say a huge thank you for all your support with SSS learning it is working really well for ASPIN.
Mrs S Robertson, Headteacher, Aspin Park Academy
The online support provides me with any help, instantly, whenever I need it.
Mark Ryan, Headteacher, St Patrick's RC Primary
The SSS Learning staff are delightful and really helpful in supporting all users.
Julie Conner, Heather Ridge Infant School
Such a professional and responsible attitude towards the training and support provided for staff.
Mike Rooke, Assistant Headteacher, The Windsor Boys' School
The online support is fantastic and regular e-mails advising when there has been an update to a course is vital for me
Linda Burn, The Rise School
Help and support are excellent.
Mrs Kim Williams, Christopher Whitehead Language College
Unique online Safeguarding training system and first-class support
Jonathan Boyle, Deputy Head, Madeley Academy
It's clear and the backup team is always willing to help. They even helped me once at 10.30 pm.
Edris Gaibee Headteacher Featherstone Primary School
- Accessible anytime/anywhere via PC, MAC, Tablet or Smartphone.
- Eliminates the time and cost of sending staff on courses or bringing in external consultants.
- Easy-to-use with no complicated account set-up your staff can be using the service in minutes!
- Provides evidence of training with progress, results and CPD certificates stored in your admin dashboard.
- Includes any updates during your 12-month licence period.
- Live Chat support until 10pm 7 days a week.
- NEW - Document Tracker - Saves you hours chasing staff for signed confirmation they have read key documentation.
What sets us apart? - This page page shows in details what we (and our customers) think differentiate our products and services from other alternatives.
How long does this course take to complete?arrow_drop_down
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) - Refresher:
This course takes approximately 2 hours, 30 minutes to complete.
Course Video duration: 2 hours, 56 minutes.
CPD points: 3.0
- Fully CPD accredited, our DSL course is applicable to staff new to and already in DSL and Deputy DSL roles
- Provides evidence of DSL training with progress, results and CPD certificates stored, allowing you to demonstrate full compliance with statutory requirements
- Our courses meet all the requirements previously contained in the 'level system'. Unless that is the language used by your safeguarding tri-partnership's (the replacement for LSCBs) training policiy, training is not currently described in terms of levels.
Cost and Time Saving
- Hugely cost effective, eliminating the time and cost of sending staff on a DSL refresher course or bringing in external consultants
- Presentations can be viewed as part of group or individually and, unlike off-site courses, can be completed at your convenience with our system remebering where you last were in the training
- Easy-to-use with no complicated account set-up, your DSLs can be using the service in minutes!
- Users can access the training and assessment as and when required; the system will remember where you last were in your training!
- Our secure servers have significant capacity ensuring fast access to training for all users at all times.
Service and Support
- Our courses are always live and kept current with the very latest requirements
- The course is licenced for 12 months allowing your DSLs to revisit the course at any time should requirements change
- Includes advice from our safeguarding specialists should you need it
- Includes our Safeguarding e-Bulletin
- Live Chat support until 10pm 7 days a week. Perfect if staff need assistance when working at home