Fire Safety in an Educational Setting
Online Safeguarding & Duty of Care training for educational settings
This ‘Fire Safety Awareness' course is designed for all staff and volunteers in schools, academies and educational settings ensuring compliance with the training requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
In this course we use stunning 3D animation and video with full assessment to ensure staff fully understand ‘Fire’ and the full requirements of their role in the case of a fire.
This course has been co-authored with David Parker, one of the UK’s leading Fire Safety specialists. David was former Assistant Divisional Officer in the South Wales Fire Service, has many years direct experience within educational settings and works across the globe as an independent Fire Consultant. He is also a Graduate Member of the Institution of Fire Engineers.
As with all our courses this course is fully CPD accredited and tracked ensuring full compliance with requirements.
Cost is calculated according to the number of staff you wish to train. Please enter the number of users required and click on 'calculate price'.
What is covered in this training?
- What is fire?
- How a fire spreads
- Smoke spread
- Smoke content
- Effect of toxic gases on the body
- Rate of fire spread
- Human behaviour in fire
- Passive fire precautions
- Active fire precautions
- Fire safety management
- Fire drills
- Fire log book
- Fire safety policy
- Permits to work
- Typical fire safety violations in schools
- Assisting any disabled staff, volunteers or pupils
- Fire extinguisher use video demonstrations
How it worksarrow_drop_down
Our system has been designed to make safeguarding & duty of care training in schools and academies simple, with no complicated setup for administrators or staff.
Our system is secure (128-bit SSL-encrypted), can be accessed 24/7/365 and works across 2 online websites.
How to issue a course -To see exactly how you issue a course to your staff with our system.
Our Admin Dashboard -To see all the things you can do with our Admin Dashboard.
The Admin Dashboard - (https://admin.ssscpd.co.uk)
Our system requires no complicated setup. From the Admin Dashboard simply copy and send an invitation email to your staff with the login details for your school or academy. Once your staff commence training, all progress, results and CPD certificates are presented in the Admin Dashboard as evidence of training.
NEW - Document Tracker - Saves you hours chasing staff for signed confirmation they have read key documentation. Easily link to your bespoke policy documents, or any other publications, issue them to your team via the training dashboard and provide evidence that they had been read via the admin dashboard.
The Training Site - (https://training.ssscpd.co.uk)
Staff complete a course via any PC, Mac, Smartphone or Tablet. Each course is made up of an engaging multimedia presentation created using 3D animation, comprehensive course notes and a fully tracked multiple-choice assessment. On completion, staff can view and print their CPD accredited certificate.
All courses are kept up-to-date with any changes in legislation or policy ensuring practice in your school or academy is compliant with current requirements.
Who should complete this trainingarrow_drop_down
Our training is applicable to the following educational settings: Primary Schools, Primary Academies, Secondary Schools, Secondary Academies, Public Schools, Free Schools, Pupil Referral Units, and SEND Schools.
To fulfil the latest HM Government statutory guidance, training is advised for the following roles:
- All staff and volunteers in educational settings.
Our courses meet all the requirements previously contained in the 'level system'.
Unless that is the language used by your safeguarding tri-partnership's (the replacement for LSCBs) training policy, training is not currently described in terms of levels. This system was replaced by matching competencies to roles as defined in the intercollegiate framework.
The content of our courses is updated when any changes in legislation, statutory guidance and/or inspection frameworks are issued, ensuring you fully comply with the latest requirements.
Disparity in cascading training is removed. Continuity, through the individual assessment of learning, gives leadership assurance that practice is informed by robust evidence.
Provides a full training audit trail for governance and to evidence compliance with statutory requirements.
Acclaimed Customer Servicearrow_drop_down
With eLearning a clear benefit is the ability to work from home. But what if you or your staff have a technical issue?
That's where we will always help you.
We are very proud of our customer service standards which are unrivalled, with full support for your staff if needed,
7 days a week 8am until 10pm.
We offer great live chat support:star star star star star
We have a 5 star LiveChat rating and always respond to support emails (email@example.com) within minutes.
What our customers say about our support service:
Thank you so much for your fantastic service! Please send this to your Manager so that they can see how happy I am with your service today. You've saved the day!
Catherine Smith, Hollybrook Infant School
I just wanted to say a huge thank you for all your support with SSS learning it is working really well for ASPIN.
Mrs S Robertson, Headteacher, Aspin Park Academy
The online support provides me with any help, instantly, whenever I need it.
Mark Ryan, Headteacher, St Patrick's RC Primary
The SSS Learning staff are delightful and really helpful in supporting all users.
Julie Conner, Heather Ridge Infant School
Such a professional and responsible attitude towards the training and support provided for staff.
Mike Rooke, Assistant Headteacher, The Windsor Boys' School
The online support is fantastic and regular e-mails advising when there has been an update to a course is vital for me
Linda Burn, The Rise School
Help and support are excellent.
Mrs Kim Williams, Christopher Whitehead Language College
Unique online Safeguarding training system and first-class support
Jonathan Boyle, Deputy Head, Madeley Academy
It's clear and the backup team is always willing to help. They even helped me once at 10.30 pm.
Edris Gaibee Headteacher Featherstone Primary School
- Accessible anytime/anywhere via PC, MAC, Tablet or Smartphone.
- Eliminates the time and cost of sending staff on courses or bringing in external consultants.
- Easy-to-use with no complicated account set-up your staff can be using the service in minutes!
- Provides evidence of training with progress, results and CPD certificates stored in your admin dashboard.
- Includes any updates during your 12-month licence period.
- Live Chat support until 10pm 7 days a week.
- NEW - Document Tracker - Saves you hours chasing staff for signed confirmation they have read key documentation.
What sets us apart? - This page page shows in details what we (and our customers) think differentiate our products and services from other alternatives.
How long does this course take to complete?arrow_drop_down
Fire Safety Awareness in Educational Settings:
This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Course Video duration: 30 minutes.
CPD points: 1.5
- Fully CPD accredited, our courses are tailored to specific roles e.g. (QTS, DSL, Admin staff, Ancillary staff) with CPD certificates
- Provides evidence of training with progress, results and CPD certificates stored, allowing you to demonstrate full compliance with statutory requirements
- Document tracker - Easily link to your bespoke policy documents, or any other publications, issue them to your team via the training dashboard and provide evidence that they have been read via the admin dashboard
Cost and Time Saving
- Hugely cost effective, eliminating the time and cost of sending staff on courses or bringing in external consultants
- Presentations can be viewed as part of group inset or individually
- Easy-to-use with no complicated account set-up, your staff can be using the service in minutes!
- Users can access the training and assessment as and when required; the system will remember where you last were in your training!
Service and Support
- Our courses are always live and kept current with the very latest requirements
- Includes advice from our safeguarding specialists should you need it
- Includes our Safeguarding e-Bulletin
- Live Chat support until 10pm 7 days a week. Perfect if staff need assistance when working at home
- Our secure servers have significant capacity ensuring fast access to training for all users at all times.