Food Safety and Hygiene
Online Safeguarding & Duty of Care training for educational settings
Our new Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Training course (endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality) is ideal for your canteen/kitchen staff and any other staff handling food in the school and academy setting. The course combines our use of stunning 3D animation and unique e-learning system to provide a robust and highly effective way to ensure staff are trained to required legislative standards, which can be easily evidenced on inspection.
Quite unlike any e-learning for Food Safety and Hygiene that you may have seen before, this course is specifically designed for people who handle, prepare or serve food. Completion will ensure full compliance with statutory requirements.
This course, which is made up of 8 manageable modules that can be accessed via PC, MAC, Smart Phone or Tablet any time/anywhere has been authored by Environmental Health Officers in line with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health and Royal Society of Public Health syllabuses in Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene.
Cost is calculated according to the number of staff you wish to train. Please enter the number of users required and click on 'calculate price'.
This course covers:
Module 1 - introduction:
- Food safety
- Food poisoning
- Foodborne illness
- Vulnerable groups
- Hazard and risk
- Why does food safety matter
Module 2 - Legal Obligations:
- Regulation (EC) No 178/2002
- Regulation (EC) N0 852/2004
- Regulation (EC) No 853/2004
- Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011
- Food Safety Enforcement Officers
- The importance of training
- The due diligence defence
- A warning
Module 3 - Micro-organisms:
- What are bacteria?
- Bacterial growth
- The danger zone
- Food poisoning and foodborne illness including:
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Clostridium perfringens
- Clostridium botulinum
- E.coli 0157 (STEC)
- Bacillus species
- Staphylococcus aureus
Module 4 - Cross-contamination:
- Preventing food contamination including E.coli 0157 controls
- What is cross-contamination?
- E.coli guidance control measures
- Separation between raw and ready to eat foods
- Food premises including:
- Food preparation surfaces
- Walls and ceilings
- Layout and space
- Hand washing facilities
- Waste disposal
- Pest proofing
- Pest inspection
- Pest control
Module 5 - Cleaning and Disinfection:
- General cleanliness
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Surface cleaning and disinfection procedures
- Food preparation surfaces
- Two-stage cleaning (stage 1 and stage 2)
- The cleaning schedule
- Dry stores
- Cleaning utensils and crockery
- Refrigerators and freezers
Module 6 – Hygiene:
- Personal hygiene
- Hand hygiene
- Handwashing technique
- Hand contact surfaces
- Infectious diseases
- Skin infections
- Managers’ actions
- Rules for keeping hygienic clothing
Module 7 – Hygienic process controls:
- Measuring temperatures
- Effective temperature control of food
- Common problems
- Stock rotation
- Freezing and defrosting
- Preparation, cooking and reheating
- Hot holding
- Display for sale and service
Module 8 - Food Safety Management:
- Principles of HACCP
- ‘Off the shelf’ systems
- Monitoring records
- A full HACCP system
How it worksarrow_drop_down
Our system has been designed to make safeguarding & duty of care training in schools and academies simple, with no complicated setup for administrators or staff.
Our system is secure (128-bit SSL-encrypted), can be accessed 24/7/365 and works across 2 online websites.
How to issue a course -To see exactly how you issue a course to your staff with our system.
Our Admin Dashboard -To see all the things you can do with our Admin Dashboard.
The Admin Dashboard - (https://admin.ssscpd.co.uk)
Our system requires no complicated setup. From the Admin Dashboard simply copy and send an invitation email to your staff with the login details for your school or academy. Once your staff commence training, all progress, results and CPD certificates are presented in the Admin Dashboard as evidence of training.
NEW - Document Tracker - Saves you hours chasing staff for signed confirmation they have read key documentation. Easily link to your bespoke policy documents, or any other publications, issue them to your team via the training dashboard and provide evidence that they had been read via the admin dashboard.
The Training Site - (https://training.ssscpd.co.uk)
Staff complete a course via any PC, Mac, Smartphone or Tablet. Each course is made up of an engaging multimedia presentation created using 3D animation, comprehensive course notes and a fully tracked multiple-choice assessment. On completion, staff can view and print their CPD accredited certificate.
All courses are kept up-to-date with any changes in legislation or policy ensuring practice in your school or academy is compliant with current requirements.
Who should complete this trainingarrow_drop_down
Suitable for all kitchen and catering staff at your school.
This course is also suitable for those staff involved with breakfast or after-school clubs.
Do Local Authority Food Safety Enforcement Officers accept SSS Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene Staff Training?arrow_drop_down
Yes - This course, which is made up of 8 manageable modules has been authored by Environmental Health Officers in line with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health and Royal Society of Public Health syllabuses in Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene. At SSS we specialise in duty of care and have an environmental health officer as part of our management team.
Completion of this course will full ensure compliance with training requirements. All evidence of staff training, progress and certificates are held in your admin dashboard for easy retrieval on request of a Food Safety Enforcement Officer.
Acclaimed Customer Servicearrow_drop_down
With eLearning a clear benefit is the ability to work from home. But what if you or your staff have a technical issue?
That's where we will always help you.
We are very proud of our customer service standards which are unrivalled, with full support for your staff if needed,
7 days a week 8am until 10pm.
We offer great live chat support:star star star star star
We have a 5 star LiveChat rating and always respond to support emails (email@example.com) within minutes.
What our customers say about our support service:
Thank you so much for your fantastic service! Please send this to your Manager so that they can see how happy I am with your service today. You've saved the day!
Catherine Smith, Hollybrook Infant School
I just wanted to say a huge thank you for all your support with SSS learning it is working really well for ASPIN.
Mrs S Robertson, Headteacher, Aspin Park Academy
The online support provides me with any help, instantly, whenever I need it.
Mark Ryan, Headteacher, St Patrick's RC Primary
The SSS Learning staff are delightful and really helpful in supporting all users.
Julie Conner, Heather Ridge Infant School
Such a professional and responsible attitude towards the training and support provided for staff.
Mike Rooke, Assistant Headteacher, The Windsor Boys' School
The online support is fantastic and regular e-mails advising when there has been an update to a course is vital for me
Linda Burn, The Rise School
Help and support are excellent.
Mrs Kim Williams, Christopher Whitehead Language College
Unique online Safeguarding training system and first-class support
Jonathan Boyle, Deputy Head, Madeley Academy
It's clear and the backup team is always willing to help. They even helped me once at 10.30 pm.
Edris Gaibee Headteacher Featherstone Primary School
- Accessible anytime/anywhere via PC, MAC, Tablet or Smartphone.
- Eliminates the time and cost of sending staff on courses or bringing in external consultants.
- Easy-to-use with no complicated account set-up your staff can be using the service in minutes!
- Provides evidence of training with progress, results and CPD certificates stored in your admin dashboard.
- Includes any updates during your 12-month licence period.
- Live Chat support until 10pm 7 days a week.
- NEW - Document Tracker - Saves you hours chasing staff for signed confirmation they have read key documentation.
What sets us apart? - This page page shows in details what we (and our customers) think differentiate our products and services from other alternatives.
How long does this course take to complete?arrow_drop_down
How long is the CPD certificate valid for?arrow_drop_down
It is recommended that this certificate is revalidated after 2 years.
- Fully CPD accredited, our courses are tailored to specific roles e.g. (QTS, DSL, Admin staff, Ancillary staff) with CPD certificates
- Provides evidence of training with progress, results and CPD certificates stored, allowing you to demonstrate full compliance with statutory requirements
- Document tracker - Easily link to your bespoke policy documents, or any other publications, issue them to your team via the training dashboard and provide evidence that they have been read via the admin dashboard
Cost and Time Saving
- Hugely cost effective, eliminating the time and cost of sending staff on courses or bringing in external consultants
- Presentations can be viewed as part of group inset or individually
- Easy-to-use with no complicated account set-up, your staff can be using the service in minutes!
- Users can access the training and assessment as and when required; the system will remember where you last were in your training!
Service and Support
- Our courses are always live and kept current with the very latest requirements
- Includes advice from our safeguarding specialists should you need it
- Includes our Safeguarding e-Bulletin
- Live Chat support until 10pm 7 days a week. Perfect if staff need assistance when working at home
- Our secure servers have significant capacity ensuring fast access to training for all users at all times.